Re: amd64 buildd

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 04:09:52PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings, and thanks!  I'm mostly interested in making sure
> gcl/maxima/acl2/axiom work in 64bit amd64.  The question arose as
> recent gcl development broke the amd64 port without anyone noticing
> until some considerable time had passed, making it hard to track
> down.

dpkg-source: extracting gcl in gcl-2.6.1
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is gcl
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.6.1-33
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is amd64
 debian/rules clean
rm -f ${debian/control.rm%.rm}
/bin/sh: Syntax error: Bad substitution

(Wish dash it stops at this point, with bash it goes on.)

Then it fails with this:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gcl-2.6.1/gcl-tk'
(cd demos ; \
echo '(load "../tkl.o")(TK::GET-AUTOLOADS (directory "*.lisp"))'
| ../../unixport/saved_gcl)
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.1 CLtL1   Apr 14 2004 22:32:25
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (READLINE BFD
UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible
license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by EVAL.
Broken at LOAD.  Type :H for Help.

Error: The function GET-AUTOLOADS is undefined.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by EVALHOOK.
Backtrace: system:universal-error-handler > EVALHOOK

Broken at LOAD.
TK>>make[2]: *** [all] Error 255

Please let me know if I can help debug this.

There is a "debian/control." file?  And it's identical to the
control file?

Btw: It there a reason it forced -m64?  It shouldn't need that.

It also seems you need to change your Build-Depends in maxima and
axiom.  There shouldn't be a space between the "(" and the ">=" it seems.

> Any idea of when the buildd will come back?i

I hope soon.

Kurt