Re: compiling kernel ...

Thank you both, now i believe i can boot a 64bits kernel :)

After i build the kernel can i copy it into my normal system and boot it ?
Can i only compile 64bits programs under the biarch environment ?

It's 3AM here ... too late for this :P

Cheers
João Grilo
PT

Alex Perry wrote:

I never managed to make it work with pure Sarge, and there are comments
on the mailing list suggesting it is now impossible to do that.
My sources.list looks like this:

deb     http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable         main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable         main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/          stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb     http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/ sarge main
deb-src http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/ sarge main

Did you remember to install the gcc.bart ?  Your command line implies
that you're trying to use it, but you don't mention installing it.

Also, note that you do not need to install "automake" to build kernels.
As mentioned in the instructions, if you install "kernel-package",
it will bring in all the other dependencies you have to have.

Hope that helps ...