Re: FAI and clusters with amd64

At 08:13 PM 3/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:
> Are there any alternatives to FAI I should look into?

This topic has been driven into the ground on debian-beowulf. Check out the laundry list at http://lcic.org/software.html

IMO, you can't beat a diskless (PXE booting) configuration for cluster
nodes.  I haven't tried this with an Opteron yet, but I don't know of
any reason why it wouldn't work.

Eric

Yeah, this is what we are doing. Look for Adam Powell's posts to http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?StartaBeowulf . Some neogotchas needed to be sifted through when using NFS (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-beowulf/2004/debian-beowulf-200402/msg00026.html).