Re: INIT problems continue

> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 09:05, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > I'm still having no luck getting an AMD64 kernel running with anything
> > even approaching stability.
>
> me either. I've given up for awhile...  well, note that I intend to use
> this box as a desktop, not a server. Server is fine with 64/32.

How are you defining "server"?  What makes you say that a server is
fine but a desktop isn't?  I usually find server/desktop distinctions
to be somewhat artificial, so such statements are worrying to me.

At the moment, I'd settle for a semi-stable pure i386 Debian system with
a 64-bit kernel.

> > I'm still getting, among other things, 'INIT: error reading initrequest'
> > errors on the console, from just about every /etc/init.d/* script.
>
> me too. I never figured that one out.

But it never caused a problem for you?

Eric