Re: Porting machine

* Mattias Wadenstein <maswan@acc.umu.se> [030623 09:47]:
> What kind of software setup do you/we need?

I think the following would be sufficient:

- debian/sid install in /
- 64 bit kernel
- biarch modutils
- / duplicated in /amd64
- chrooted environment from /amd64

The chrooted env will require

- /home bound to /amd64/home
- a /home/* dir for each developer
- proc be mounted on /amd64/proc

Extra thrills:

- serial console
- a way to reboot the system remotely

These we can do once the system is setup...

- install biarch toolchain in chrooted /amd64

Optionally the / system could run SuSE 64bit.  It already has a
mostly ported distribution which may be useful for comparison...
however, I found that a 32bit base system work well enough.
Essentially the kernel needs to be 64bit for us to do our work.

Developers will need root access.  If that is a problem, they at least
need root access to the chrooted environment.

Am I missing anything?

B.

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/