Re: [x86-64] AMD Dev Center usage proposal - draft 3

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 07:29:24PM -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> 1.4  decide on a port name
>   - amd64 was suggested (I agree personally)
>   - decide on the .deb naming to distinguish amd64/i386/biarch
>   - x86_64 has an advantage of being consistent with other distributions
>   - configure scripts and dpkg/apt tools could have amd64 as an alias
>   - who should have the final say?

I suggest you contact the ftp-masters about this.

> 3.2  port packages required by autobuilder
>   - what are they? how many?

Depends. When you are using Roger Leigh's package, you'll need debhelper
to build it. The CVS-source is a bit rougher, but does not have any
particular Build-Depends I think.

Running buildd requires perl, sbuild, dupload, cron and an MTA. sbuild
itself needs sudo, apt and dpkg-dev.

I setup a couple of buildds privately in the last months, so I could
help if needed (but I think Falk can handle it)

Michael