Re: [x86-64] AMD Dev Center usage proposal - draft 3

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 19:43, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> * Jeffrey W. Baker <jwb@gghcwest.com> [030529 20:51]:
> > Anything I can help with here?  I'm not a Debian developer but I am *a*
> > developer and I have several Opteron machines at my disposal, all of
> > them booting a Debian-built kernel (both bootstrapped from 32-bit and
> > built under 64-bit).
>
> That sounds great Jeffrey... and extra hands we can get would be great.
>
> It would be nice if you could pick up a few packages for porting off the
> list... I guess we will have to have some kind of way of tracking who is
> working on what.

I'll start with pam.

But what's the plan, exactly?  I've read the x86-64 mails from the
debain-devel list but it isn't crystal clear.  For example, why is patch
in your list of standard packages?  Patch doesn't provide any libraries,
so the i386 version should be fine.

Cheers,
jwb