Re: frozen debian mirror

Original idea was to be in time for having debian ported for sarge
distro when it would be released... I don't know when it would be released but
I'm afraid that amd64 port wouldn't be in "ready" state at that time.
And no "fixed" mirror of sarge was created at any point in time to have porting
process completely conflict-less for people trying just to have it
installed.

I had my machine running unstable before now. Now it is running unstable debian
and sarge debian-amd64, but the process of installing and upgrading as
you've mentioned is not that nice.

I'm thinking about trying apt-move to create precise mirror of packages
I have installed on my node so people can use it easily to port their
machines easily. But didn't try that yet :-/

At this point I thought it would be nice to kinda start from the
beginning in sense as to fixate some mirror of unstable debian and develop
complete port of basic packages and then start keeping in pace with
unstable debian while porting the rest of packages as well...

--Yarik