Re: glibc regression on alpha with 2.34+

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 12:45:17AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I just noticed that there is a regression in glibc on alpha with version 2.34 or later.
>
> Looking at the build logs for Debian's 2.34-8 [1], 2.35-4 [2] and 2.36-4 [3], it's obvious
> there is something wrong given the many "Segmentation Fault" errors.
>
> I had hoped I could fix this issue by passing "--disable-default-pie" like we already did
> on sparc64, but it seems it's not the same bug [4]. At least, this particular workaround
> does not help.

Interestingly the vast number of the failing tests pass if one builds
with a compiler that raises the baseline to EV67.  This has been
proposed a number of times in the past for the Debian distribution.
I think it is time we did it.  One of our last EV56 users has recently
bowed out due to hardware failure and I am only running EV67 hardware.

Cheers
Michael.