Re: Error in the Debian archive.

Hi Adrian,

Happy New Year,

I sent an email to alpha@buildd.debian.org back in August I think.

I haven’t tried reprepro as it doesn’t meet my needs, having a signed repo etc.

What is happening with ftpsync is it gets an error on the first pass and the fails to do the second, leaving out the packages.gz etc. I’ve been through ftpsync and have tried several options to no success. I deleted the ports repo and have started a fresh version of it.

Log files for ftpsync can be found at https://linux.purple-cat.net/log/

ftpsync works perfectly with the main Debian repo.

I suspect that it’s a file system error that has been synced with the other mirrors. I’ve come across a similar error before with hppa and Helge rebuilt the packages that were affected and it went away. I’m not sure if that’s the case here though. I do know that it’s been there for over a year now. I started setting up a mirror server for debian ports a year ago with this error, it was only in August when I put a new mirror server I online that it became an issue. I’ve been trying to resolve it since.

All the ports mirrors function as expected with this error so it doesn’t effect them directly it’s only syncing from them that you run into this issue. I suspect that they are syncing using trigger updates.

Any help with this issue would be very appreciated.

Mike Hosken
Sent via my iPhone