Re: RM: aboot -- RoQA; Multiple RC bugs, can no longer be built due to missing alpha buildds

> Please remove aboot. It blocks the sgmltools-lite removal and is RC-buggy otherwise for a last
> time (like for the removal of sp). Steve Langasek pointed out as one of the last alpha maintainers
> in #949711 that the arch: all binaries can only be built on an alpha buildd, which we no longer
> have, so let's remove it.

Why was the debian-alpha mailing list not CC'ed so that people can look into the issue?

I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to get rid of the SGML dependency and bootloaders
can also be cross-built in Debian, we're doing that for palo as well.

I will look into this issue.

Thanks,
Adrian

--