From: Bob Tracy [mailto:rct@gherkin.frus.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 3:01 PM
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: congratulations in order

Seriously.  I just experienced the first "flawless" boot of my Alpha in
over two years.  All devices initialized and came up perfectly,
including in particular the network interfaces, the X11 graphical login
screen, all configured file systems, and even the hardware clock.

The latter has been an issue for some time, and until today, hadn't
survived a reboot without me having to manually reset it from the system
clock.

Current kernel is 5.3.0, built from the kernel.org source tree with the
gcc-9.2 compiler and associated current (unstable release) tool chain.

--Bob