Re: systemd woes continue

On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 10:49:25PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> > You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view
> > system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or "exit"
> > to boot into default mode.
> > Give root password for maintenance
> > (or press Control-D to continue):
>
> In my case, upgrading glibc to 2.29 (now available in unstable) fixed
> the issue.

Verified.  Life is now better, if not good :-).  This is the first time
I've been able to accomplish an "almost clean" boot of my Alpha in MANY
months.

I say "almost clean", because a recent update managed to break my
resolver configuration: "/etc/resolv.conf" came up completely empty, in
spite of "/etc/network/interfaces" having the requisite
"dns-nameservers" and "dns-search" lines for my primary interface (eth0).
The "resolvconf" package is definitely installed, but I'm guessing some
new interaction between "systemd", "NetworkManager", and possibly
"resolvconf" is, er, ah, unfortunate.

--Bob