Re: [alpha] Debian 9.0 NETINST fails

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 02:53:30PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 04:12:27PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > I can unfortunately not build updated installer images for Alpha since I
> > don't have an Alpha porterbox available where I can build the debian-installer
> > package for Alpha.
> >
> > I do have two AlphaStation 233 sitting in the basement at the university now,
> > but I don't have any time and space to set them up to be used as porterboxes.
> >
> > The only porterbox currently currently available to me is Michael Cree's "electro"
> > but the repositories of the chroots there don't include the debian-installer
> > component packages, so building d-i fails - at least last time I tried.
>
> I've carved out a bit of time to deal with getting my PWS back on-line.
> The above is the most recent post in the thread, as far as I can tell...
>
> Michael -- is it a relatively easy thing to do to make the d-i component
> packages available on "electro"?

I am not exactly sure what the problem is, but reading between the
lines I am starting to get the impression that Adrian expected the
package cache to be a complete copy of the archive.  It is not and
it is not intended to be. Approx works by caching only those things
that have been previously requested.

If I have surmised correctly then one only needs to issue a download
request to approx for the missing packages (and it should not matter
with that is a .deb or a .udeb) and that should get it into the local
cache.

> Another option: is the SMP version of the 4.9.0-3 kernel available to
> substitute into the existing netinst image?

That's for Adrian to answer.  I am not familiar with building an
installer image.

Cheers,
Michael.