Re: Use SMP kernel for Alpha (udeb) builds

On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 07:37:13PM +0100, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> On 12/4/18 17:45, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > > ## Patches ##
> > >
> > > 1. https://salsa.debian.org/frank-scheiner-guest/linux/commit/865cacfd7722b346629082ab3094b6ad93964095
> > >
> > > 2. https://salsa.debian.org/frank-scheiner-guest/debian-installer/commit/7269679bec8bae997ef5ed7619e9f8df2e184134
> > >
> > > I think both patches are already enough to produce the needed alpha-smp udebs and will allow to produce working installer images (e.g. netboot images might work instantly and could be an alternative way for Bob to reinstall his PWS).
> > >
> > > What do you think? Is there anything obvious missing?
> >
> > Can you open PRs so that these changes can get merged? I will then build new images.
>
> Sure, created them now:
>
> * First part: https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/merge_requests/79
>
> * Second part:
> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/merge_requests/6

Much appreciated, gentlemen.  Wish I could do more than offer my system up
as a test platform, but so it goes...  I'll be happy to help with determining
the "actual problem which is yet unknown" with the alpha generic kernel, once
my system is back up and running :-).

--Bob