Re: package updates waiting on akregator update

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:44:03PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Pretty well called it :-(.  One of the build dependencies for
> "qtwebengine-opensource-src" is a javascript optimizing compiler.  I
> suspect it's time to abandon "akregator" on "alpha".

"kmail" is similarly afflicted with a dependency on the QT5-based web
engine viewer.

The irony here is especially thick...  Back when dinosaurs roamed the
earth, we used to protest "not all the world is a VAX".  Fast-forward
to 2017+, and we now have the exact same bias toward Intel chipsets and
clones.  I suppose the bias is a bit more justified in the present day,
since Apple threw in the towel a few years ago on desktop/notebook
computers, and Android-compatible hardware makes up the bulk of the rest
of what's likely to be owned by the typical end-user.

--Bob