Re: Build stuck in Needs-Build

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 05:00:16AM +0200, Mattias Ellert wrote:
> The build of nordugrid-arc 5.4.0-1 on alpha seems to be stuck in Needs-
> Build. There has been long stretches of time where it has been the only
> package in Needs-Build while at the same time no packages have been
> Building.

Yeah, along with other packages building with java, it is in the
buildd's don't take for building list.  This is because openjdk
locks up on an Alpha running an SMP kernel. Every now and then I
reboot one of the buildds into a UP kernel, then we can build java
stuff.

I believe I have a fix for openjdk-9 (bug #875288) but unfortunately
that fix does not work with openjdk-8 (the current default) which
has a differently structured memory order access file.

I see we are building gcc-snapshot on buildd Electro at the moment.
If that finishes in the next couple of hours or so I should be able
to reboot and allow nordugrid-arc to build, otherwise it will be
at least tomorrow.

Cheers
Michael.