Re: nodejs package issues

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 08:43:28PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 08:23:05AM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 03:43:02AM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> > (...)
> > > Next issue is the "-m32" argument getting passed to the compiler.  Not
> > > appropriate for Alpha.
> >
> > That's a bug that should be reported to the package maintainer.
>
> Done.  See Debian bug #855259 filed against the source package.  The
> "reportbug" script automatically assigned a severity that the package
> maintainer flagged as inappropriate due to alpha not being a release
> architecture :-(.  Unknown whether this issue will get worked in a
> timely (for some definition of the word) fashion.

Actually, I may have given bad advice to file that bug.  That package
looks like some JIT compiler and to support Alpha will be a mammoth
task.  It's not just removing the "-m32" argument from the compiler!
Sorry, I didn't realise at first when you said nodejs that you were
talking about, um..., nodejs.

But, why are you thinking nodejs is required?  Maybe you are getting
stuck on plasma-widgets-addons?  dose-debcheck reports:

 package: alpha:plasma-widgets-addons
  version: 4:5.8.4-1
  architecture: alpha
  essential: false
  source: kdeplasma-addons (= 4:5.8.4-1)
  status: broken
  reasons:
   -
    missing:
     pkg:
      package: alpha:libkf5purpose-bin
      version: 1.1-4
      architecture: alpha
      essential: false
      unsat-dependency: alpha:nodejs

We have libkf5purpose-bin up to date in the archive but it depends on
nodejs.  We should have filed a bug against libkf5purpose-bin to have
the nodejs dependency removed as has been already been done for armel
which also does not have nodejs built. Indeed the bug report should
probably ask for the dependency to be removed for all ports arches
without nodejs (looks like alpha, hppa, m68k, powerpcspe, sh4, sparc64
and x32 but I am not sure whether there is active work or not to
support nodejs on any of those.)

Cheers
Michael.