Re: aboot : dpkg-buildpackage -A on alpha

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:27:00AM +0100, jhcha54008 wrote:

> How could we keep a working bootloader for our alpha workstations ?

Can you figure out what changes would be required in the package so
that the Arch:all package becomes really Arch:alpha?

I would start by modifying debian/control to read like this:

Package: aboot-base
Architecture: alpha

then debian/rules may need some adjustment, but I can't test that.

I think that would be the orthodox thing to do for a package which is
really alpha-specific.

The Arch:all thing I admit that it's a clever trick, but it is against
the release goal (or current setup, depending on how you look at it)
that every Arch:all package must be buildable in the Arch:all
autobuilder (which runs amd64).

Thanks.