Re: [BUG] machine check Oops on Alpha

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, Bob Tracy wrote:

> Build delayed slightly.  Ran into "fs/binfmt_em86.o" build failure
> patched by Daniel Wagner back in February (incompatible-pointer-types
> warning treated as error by compiler).  Is Daniel's patch queued for
> incorporation into the main kernel source tree?

 No idea.  I've had a peek at the patch though and it groups unrelated
changes together and also mixes obvious semantics fixes (missing `const'
qualifier) with semantic changes (`i_arg' removal) which may need further
consideration.  I think splitting that proposal into ~3 self-contained
changes may rise the likelihood of at least the critical parts being
accepted.

  Maciej