Re: Multia state of support

On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 07:33:34PM +0300, lausgans@gmail.com wrote:
> > What finally happened to dedicated xf86-video-tga driver?
> > The last trace for me is https://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2009/09/msg00011.html
> > If it's alive, any plans to move its acceleration bits to EXA or provide Xorg with XAA in Debian?
>
> from my initial post. Are you aware of what finally happened with your driver?

All the old legacy video drivers, including tga, have been removed
from the xserver as no one was maintaining them anymore.

I think a recent xserver upload also removed user mode support, so
we are probably down to only the radeon KMS driver working on Alpha.
And to get that going you have to build your own kernel from source
to get the radeon module built-in.  (It is so large that loading it
as a module results in relocation errors and while I might be capable
of writing a fix for the kernel I have other projects that I am
currently working on.)

Cheers
Michael.