Re: Pre-DEBIAN 8.0 install images for ALPHA architecture (debian-ports unstable release)

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 01:16:53AM +0200, Gianluca Bonetti wrote:
> >> Another thing to note, there is no xfs support in kernel, so I had to
> >> choose ext4 but xfs is my preferred.
>
> The modules is built and present, but gives relocation errors on insmod.

A work around is to build your own kernel with the xfs module built
in.

> >> Now that I have a fully working 8.0 system, I would like to help as I could.
> >> Let me know or ask whatever could be done.
> >
> > Fixing the build failure of cmake would be really helpful!  See
> > my other message to the debian-alpha emai list just posted.
>
> Well, I witnessed that cmake-3.2.2 does not build and ends with an
> error when building by "dpkg-buildpackage -b"
> There is only one error, for a failing test:
>  32/373 Test  #32: CompileFeatures
> ..................................***Failed    7.83 sec

Further from the build log is:

BEGIN ---->
Error: cmake execution failed
The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.2
Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
Configuring
Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Configuring
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Detecting C compile features
Configuring
Configuring
Configuring
Detecting C compile features - done
Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
Configuring
Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Configuring
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
Detecting CXX compile features
Configuring
Configuring
Configuring
Detecting CXX compile features - done
Testing feature : cxx_relaxed_constexpr
Configuring
Testing feature : cxx_relaxed_constexpr -- Fails, as expected.
Testing feature : cxx_variable_templates
Configuring
Testing feature : cxx_variable_templates -- Fails, as expected.
Configuring
Configuring done
CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
  The compiler feature "c_function_prototypes" is not known to C compiler

  "GNU"

  version 4.9.2.

CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
  The compiler feature "cxx_aggregate_default_initializers" is not known to
  CXX compiler

  "GNU"

  version 4.9.2.

You can run the CompileFeature test manually by running the executable
Build/bin/ctest in the cmake build directory.  I think you can tell it
to run one test only.  But it probably does not give much more
information than the build log above gives.

Cheers
Michael.