Aw: Re: Pre-DEBIAN 8.0 install images for ALPHA architecture (debian-ports unstable release)

> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 04:25:23PM +0200, Gianluca Bonetti wrote:
> > About partitioning, installer partman-lvm gives error when creating volume.
> > Creating volumes on command line works fine.
> > On the debug console:
> > partman-lvm: Error during parsing of command line.
> > partman-lvm: lvcreate: unrecognized option '--wipesignatures'
>
> Hopefully Helge Deller sees that -- he worked on the alpha installer.
> You may be the first to try using LVM on alpha.

I think this was a generic issue in the installer code when I created the images.
I think someone reported similiar problems with the hppa installer too.
I didn't changed anything specific for alpha.
So, maybe building new installer images might fix it, but right now this is not my top-priority.

> > Another thing to note, there is no xfs support in kernel, so I had to
> > choose ext4 but xfs is my preferred.
>
> Is that because the module is not built, or because the module does
> not load because of relocation errors?

It's the relocation isse. dmesg reports:
module xfs: Relocation (type 4) overflow vs xfs_ilock
It would be nice if this can get fixed someday.

Other than that I noticed that I'm unable to boot the linux-4.0 debian kernel
on my machine. Anyone has observed that too?
aboot messages:
aboot> b vmlinuz-4.0.0-2-alpha-generic ro root=/dev/sda3 console=ttyS0
aboot: loading uncompressed vmlinuz-4.0.0-2-alpha-generic...
aboot: loading compressed vmlinuz-4.0.0-2-alpha-generic...
aboot: Can't load kernel.
  Multiple BSS segments (PHDR 0)

Helge