Re: Bug#399608: fixed in sysvinit 2.88dsf-59.1
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, "Tim Dijkstra (tdykstra)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ivan Vilata i Balaguer <email@example.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Clint Adams <email@example.com>, Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian sysvinit maintainers <email@example.com>, Michael Biebl <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andreas Henriksson <email@example.com>, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Bug#399608: fixed in sysvinit 2.88dsf-59.1
- From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 14:27:13 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This upload most likely broke the build queue on several ports
architectures because sysvinit-tools depend on a specific version
of util-linux which wasn't build on the affected architectures
I fixed sh4 and m68k manually, but sparc64 and powerpcspe are still
stuck because they can't build the current version of util-linux. The
problem is currently overshadowed on sparc64 by other BD-Uninstallable
packages but it exists there as well most likely.
To fix the issue, I had to build util-linux manually, wanna-build was
unable to resolve the dependencies. Maybe the dependency on
src:util-linux is incorrect and it should be just util-linux as
src:util-linux apparently always depends on the most current version
in the main archive instead of just any usable version in the
archives? I don't know.
In any case, I would love to fix the powerpcspe and sparc64 ports but
I haven't got an account on any machine with these architectures yet
so I can't help at the moment. I have asked for a sparc64 account but
with no positive result so far.
Anyway, just wanted to raise some awareness that this change broke
the build queue on the ports and it might break again once util-linux
is updated in the main archive again.
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' : Debian Developer - email@example.com
`. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - firstname.lastname@example.org
`- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913