Re: Iceweasel [was Re: firefox-8.0.1]

On 26/11/11 17:05, Bob Tracy wrote:
>>>  Might have to have you crank out an official "-O0" or
>>> "-O1" build of QT4 so I can release the hold on 25 binary packages.
>>
>> OK, I'll take a look at that one.  I presume you mean qt4-x11?
>
> That would be the one.  I'd be interested in the build time for it as
> well.  If your iceweasel build time is indicative, I'm guessing you
> might complete qt4-x11 in about 15 hours as a single-process build.

Guess again.

>From the end of the build log:

Build needed 03:42:54, 3254948k disc space

I must admit I am a bit stunned by how quick that was.  It may well be
that the build for qt4-x11 detects the number of CPUs and builds in
parallel for part of the build (though I didn't realise that happening
the very occassional time I checked on the build), or maybe your build
was utterly crippled by virtual memory switching.  Or maybe I cocked up
the configuration file and most of it has been left unbuilt.  It did
produce 50 deb files.

I have not yet uploaded to unreleased.  Think I'll check it over a
little more.

Cheers
Michael.