Re: [FTBFS] epiphany-browser 3.0.4-1

On 1/11/2011, at 9:45 AM, Bob Tracy wrote:
(Just a heads-up here because the problem is being worked upstream.)

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=643376 for details.

Thanks for the heads up. I will fail epiphany-browser on Alpha against that bug report since it describes the problem we saw in building epiphany-browser.

Why we care: "gnome-core" depends on "epiphany-browser".

The problem is deeper than that.

epiphany-browser depends on webkit and the new version of webkit FTBFS too. The offending line in the log (see http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=webkit&suite=sid) is: ../Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/dtoa/utils.h:62:2: error: #error Target architecture was not detected as supported by Double-Conversion. Looks like there might be some porting work required there. The building of KDE desktop is also held up because libarchive FTBFS. The old libarchive is blocking installation of cmake which KDE uses to build packages so we need to get the new version built.
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=641265
So there is real opportunity here for Alpha fans to get their hands dirty and help with bug fixing!
Cheers
Michael