Re: Moving alpha and hppa architectures to debian-ports.org

On 29/04/11 04:22, Bill MacAllister wrote:
--On Monday, April 25, 2011 07:45:42 PM +0200 Aurelien Jarno
<aurel32@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Alpha and HPPA porters,

Thanks to the DSA team, we now have a new machine with plenty of
available space to run debian-ports.org.

Great news!  Thanks, Aurelien, for your work on this.

I haven't see any response to this message and wanted to let you know
that there are folks still interesting in moving the Alpha port
forward.

Speaking for myself, I have been on a well-needed holiday over Easter!

I am a newbie to the process and probably not the
appropriate person to act the coordination point.

Same here. Actually, I think all the Alpha team are newbie's to the process so no one of us is obviously the appropriate coordinator and we all have a steep learning curve. I was hoping that we could get a Debian Developer on board to head the team, but that hasn't happened.

I see a few significant names on the CC list so maybe I could ask whether there is a DD who could help us with procedural matters, give a bit of guidance on the Debian way of packaging and the whole buildd process, etc., so that we can get up to speed as quickly as possible.

But if no one else
steps up I will start working through this list of tasks.

I feel similarly. Maybe, Bill, if you would start on the list of tasks; even the first item on Aurelien's list has me confused.

Cheers
Michael.