Re: firefox-3.6.8

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 09:08:32AM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Well, 3.5.5 is where the problem seems to have been introduced.
> Regardless of the toolchain and firefox version, the stack backtrace
> looks something like this (for the illegal instruction fault in
> libxul.so):
>
> nsComponentManagerImpl::GetService()
> (a few intermediate functions ...)
> nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule()
> (pages and pages of this same function over and over again in the trace
> listing)

This isn't going to be particularly easy to track down :-(.  The
functions in the backtrace listing are in source files that didn't
change between 3.5.4 and 3.5.5, so I guess the next step is to figure
out what *did* change and take it from there.

The "few intermediate functions" (in case they're significant in this
context) are:

CallGetService()
nsGetServiceByCIDWithError::operator()()
nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_gs_cid_with_error()
nsCOMPtr<nsIProxyObjectManager>::nsCOMPtr()
NS_GetProxyForObject()

Guess I'll try tracking these down and see if their associated source
files changed between 3.5.4 and 3.5.5.

--Bob