Re: The State of Alpha Linux

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 02:23:39PM +0100, Oliver Falk wrote:
> Matt Turner wrote:
>> The State of Alpha Linux

>> We're all subscribed to this list because we use a dying platform.

> You think it's dying? :-P

Well, at least the Debian alpha port is not likely to continue past the
upcoming lenny release; see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2008/08/msg00004.html ff.

And the hardware itself is EOLed.  So even if you think it's not dying, it's
not exactly a "living" port either. :)

My personal alpha has in the past month started powering itself off due to
what looks like a power supply failure.  I'm not sure it's worth my trouble
to get it working again, since I no longer use the machine for anything
other than Debian porting work.

I don't speak for other Debian Alpha folks here, though; perhaps there are
still some around willing to do the work necessary to keep alpha going.

Good luck,