Question about XFS alignment message

Hi,

in earlier XFS tools were the problem with the wrong sb_features2 byte
order. Later kernels fix this. After each reboot, I get the following
message in dmesg:

XFS: correcting sb_features alignment problem

In my opinion, if it is fixed, it should go away. But it stays there and the
XFS filesystem seems to be always have this problem. Running xfs_repair does
not correct this, too. Is this by design or is the error not fixed on disk
on mount (maybe the message means: "the problem is corrected for the current
running kernel instance"). Maybe because the root file system is mounted
initially "ro", so the kernel cannot fix it?

I have no problem with it, I only want to understand what's happening.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de