Re: SCSI controllers and SRM

On 01/10/08 19:56:16, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> The firmware probably has no clue what an adapter card is.  It does
> know what that specific qlogic card is.  Any firmware on the adaptec
> would be x86 code, and hence of no use to the alpha.
From what I can find on the mailing lists, SRM doesn't use the BIOS so
it shouldn't be an issue.

> I highly doubt  you will be able to boot from the adaptec, although
> once booted I think linux should be able to use it just fine.
This post by Jay is confusing me:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/axp-list/2004-October/msg00108.html

Jay seems to say that support for the 39160 controller was added for
EV6 machines. Yet earlier the thread starts with some one who has an
XP1000, and can't boot from a 39160 controller yet Jay's XP1000 might.

Hmmmm,

Simon