[alpha] legacy and generic package descriptions

Well, I still don't entirely know what the -legacy package is for nor what constitutes an "Alpha Legacy Machine". Looking at the linux-2.6 Debian changelog it appears it may be something to do with MILO.

Yes, same problem here.

Please provide a (non-exhaustive) list of model and/or system types that are supported by each particular package. For example, I have an "Alpha EV67" with system type and variation reported as "Tsunami" and "Monet" by /proc/cpuinfo. However, I still don't have any clue if I have to install the -generic or the -legacy kernel.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fabian
--
Dipl.-Phys. Fabian Greffrath

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Lehrstuhl für Energieanlagen und Energieprozesstechnik (LEAT)
Universitätsstr. 150, IB 3/134
D-44780 Bochum

Telefon: +49 (0)234 / 32-26334
Fax:     +49 (0)234 / 32-14227