Re: lenny+1 and the future of the alpha port?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:36:22PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Are there other developers still actively using alpha who are willing to do
> the work to maintain it?  Or perhaps a more important question:  does anyone
> foresee themselves still using alpha three years from now (1.5 years of
> lenny as stable, + 1 year of security support as oldstable)?
I used to run my alpha so that I could test my code on something that
wasn't the standard i386 type machine and it was useful for that.
However I have not started it up since two house-moves and that was
something like 18 months ago.

The trick will be finding people to take over the port, everyone only
has so much "Debian time" in their lives and you really need to work out
how it is best spent.

For me, I am not sure I'll ever turn the alpha back on again. I don't
really have the interest in taking over the port, even if I had the
time.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au