Re: lenny+1 and the future of the alpha port?

--- On Fri, 8/22/08, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> With lenny just around the corner, I think it's time to
> start thinking about
> the future of the Debian alpha port for lenny+1 and beyond.

Steve, and all others involved in keeping my favourite OS running on my favourite architecture, you've been a complete hero over the years. When my beautiful 21164/533UX4 (?) gave up the ghost last year, I was gutted, but I realised all things must pass. So too must support for the arch, alas, that's just realism. Of course, there's nothing stopping the hobbyists from simply running the platform from here until eternity, so it's not the end of everything.

Thanks for all the hard work,
Phil
--
()  ASCII ribbon campaign      ()    Hopeless ribbon campaign
/\    against HTML mail        /\  against gratuitous bloodshed