Re: lenny+1 and the future of the alpha port?

On Fri 22 Aug 2008, Bob Tracy wrote:

> Bottom line: I would be grateful for the continued existence of a supported alpha
> Linux distribution, but I don't expect it unless a significant number of other
> alpha users make themselves known.  Debian was really the only viable option when
> I first decided to run Linux on my Alpha several years ago.  Many thanks and much

Actually, the debian alpha port was my first introduction to debian back
in, eh, 1996 or so (on a multia). I had first bought Red Hat (which
seemed the only viable way for me to get linux on the alpha), but that
was so terrible that I downloaded debian over my ISDN line and never
looked back (even became a debian developer :-).

Paul Slootman