Re: software RAID1 with 2.6.x kernel

On 07/07/2008 23:37:56, Urs Traber wrote:
Hello,

I'm still running Sarge on a AS300 4/266 with a self-built 2.4.32
kernel from pristine sources in a software RAID1 configuration. I
thought it's about time to use a 2.6.x kernel and upgrade to Etch. My
first attempts to do this date back to when 2.6.21 was Latest, so I'm
still trying with this version for the moment - without success so
far.

Hello
I was not able to boot kernels newer than 2.6.18 until I installed the updated aboot package which came out on this mailing list some days ago.
Try this:
http://dannf.org/aboot/

Bye
gl