Re: aboot update for etch

Hi Dann,

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 02:16:24PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> hey Steve, Helge,
>   I've put together an updated etch aboot package that includes the
> fix for booting >= 2.6.23 kernels (e.g., the etchnhalf kernel) and
> also fixes a few other issues that affect build reproducibility.
> I'd like to get your take on this as a potential update for
> stable.

I think it's definitely appropriate.  FWIW, I've just recently moved aboot
maintenance from CVS to bzr as part of my formal adoption of it; I'd welcome
you to branch off of
http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/pkg-aboot/aboot/tags/release_0_9b-3 and give me a
URL that I can merge from to an etch branch.

> I've tested this version of aboot with the sarge 2.6.8, etch 2.6.18
> and the 2.6.24 queued for etchnhalf and didn't notice any problems.
> However, I only have one machine/config for testing, so I'd appreciate
> any additional testing from users on these lists.

> Prebuilt packages are here, debdiff follows:

>   http://dannf.org/aboot/

Knowing the nature of the failure and fix, I'm confident that your testing
is sufficient, provided that the patch is the same one applied in lenny.

Cheers,