RE: Multia VX40 VX41 VX42 UDB Memory

>No idea about the ram for the alpha, but I think what you are
>remembering about caching and ram was the old intel 430VX(and TX)
>chipset, which had too short a cache tag which meant any ram above 64MB
>was uncached.  It didn't matter if you had 256K or 512k cache, it still
>wouldn't cache above 64MB.  I think one of the other 430 chipsets did
>have a difference in cache range depending on the amount of cache in
>the system.  It was entirely a case of crapy design by intel to make
>it cheaper.

Len Sorensen

Thanks for the information, I know there was something about L2 cache and memory but too much hardware and too many years to keep it all straight!

Todd Smith

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message
may be privileged and confidential. If this e-mail contains
protected health information, you are hereby notified that any
strictly prohibited,except as permitted by law. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.