Re: Fwd: Alpha 4100 rawhide with smp kernel 2.6.18.8 WORKING

Piotr Kasprzyszak wrote:
>  I am completely new to the alpha, debian and rawhide in particular.

Welcome.  It is always a nice thing to hear about another Alpha user.
Debian had far and away the best supported Linux distribution on the
Alpha platform at the time I installed it on my PWS 433au, and I do not
think that situation has changed.

Please sign up for *all* the Alpha-related mailing lists you can find
(debian-alpha@lists.debian.org and linux-alpha@vger.kernel.org at a
minimum) to ensure someone in the community will see a call for help.

If you don't mind all the traffic, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org is a
must if you are planning to experiment with the latest kernels.

Bob Tracy          |  "I was a beta tester for dirt.  They never did
rct@frus.com       |   get all the bugs out." - Steve McGrew on /.