Re: Linking against libm-2.5.so ?

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:23:30PM -0400, Tom Evans wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up...

> I also thought it is possible to use both the GNU and the BSD style (I
> may have the names wrong) hashes in an image?

Yes, it is possible (I think the names are 'ELF' and 'GNU'); but at least on
some archs I understand the default value for ld is now set to 'gnu' rather
than 'both', and I guess on etch it was 'elf'.  I have no idea why it was
decided not to have a transitional period when oldstable's binutils could
read the objects created by stable's binutils; perhaps object size was a
concern.