starfire NIC driver on alpha

I use Adaptec quad NICs in my 3 alphas. I submitted a bug about 2 years ago with a simple patch to the starfire driver to make it work on the alpha. Basically, a "|| defined (__alpha__)" needs to be added to an expression in the driver code. The submiited bug is #305330. Could this get into etch? Without it, I don't have a network when I do an install and I have to recompile the starfire driver and update it before I can get the machine back on the network and complete any network based package installation.

Thanks,
Bob