Re: Booting Multias

  I'm not sure what the problem is with my multia, but it seems to not
want to boot at all with an ide drive in there. I partiioned a 500mb
2.5" ide drive to have a 10mb first partion and formatted that to fat
and put the linloader and milo there. Then also partitoned the rest of
the drive to have a 30mb boot partition formated to ext2, a 50mb swap,
and the rest to ext3.
   Did all that on a laptop running etch, then put this in my multia,
hoping to just copy the new etch install on to it from the scsi, but srm
won't boot with the ide connected. I even took it out, set the multia to
boot to arc, booted arc, set the variables there for the ide, then shut
down, put the ide drive in, and started it up again.
   It just sits there with the first two lines of the srm boot where
it's checking the memory, won't go any further than that. I'm sure the
drive is connected right with the red wire on the 44pin cable going to
pin 1 on both the ide drive and the mb connector.