Hello! (and zombie processes...)

Hey all!

I've just gotten a Compaq XP1000 last Friday and have been working on getting
it set up to do audio work.  I've run into the same problem that I guess a
few people have with zombie processes getting created every time a thread
exits, and I've tried a few ways of getting this sorted out on this box,
including installing the version of libc6.1 from expiremental.  That didn't
go so well, this machine became way unstable.  I tried sticking with just
what's in sarge, but the kernel version is just to old to get decent low
latencies with the jack audio server.

So I've managed to get a build of the glibc-2.3.6.ds1 source package with the
patch that fixes the zombie process problem (can't remember whose e-mail that
was in) built and running here on this box I'm setting up.  It fixes the test
code that was submitted for bug 325600, and I'm waiting for all of KDE to
download to see if any zombie processes show up then.

Anyway, I've noticed that there's mails in the list as recent as December, so
I figured I'd throw these out there, if anyone's interested in either the
source package, .debs or the steps required to rebuild the source .deb, let
me know!

Cheers,

Stan