Re: Booting Multias

Maybe this doesn't apply to your Multia, but on my LX164, SRM can see IDE drives fine and boot from them. Maybe Multia's are different though...

Daniel Potts wrote:
Arc is the way to go if you want to boot directly from the HDD. You'll need a small FAT partition which ARC can see, and stick the loader and perhaps kernel image in there. There are some instalation howto's on the web. I'm not sure where the best place to get these from is, but if you don't have much luck email me personally and I'll send you my loader and milo that works for a 2.4.

Doing a netboot to start is probably the easiest way to get the install going.