Re: Seek help-its extremely urgent

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 12:05:26PM -0700, shoolin yagnik wrote:
>   Someone used my e mail address in pat to send few mails and now they are appearing online if I do google search of my name "shoolin yagnik",
>
>   MAy be my college friend might have used it,
>
>   Can you please delete it ASAP or take it offline,,,

Spoofing email addresses is trivial.  Also, trying to get anything
removed from the internet is basically imposible.  Things are cached in
too many places.

Of course there are viruses and such that infect outlook (usually) that
send such garbage with the from address being random addresses it finds
in the inbox and address book of the outlook user.  So if you ever sent
an email to (or received one) an outlook user, then that could be all it
took.  Or perhaps leaving your machine logged in if you have stupid
roommated could do it too.

--
Len Sorensen