Re: gnumeric issue since libc6.1 upgrade

On Tue August 28 2007, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Ok.  Let's put this one to bed.  Tyson nailed it: for some reason I don't
> understand, I've been able to get away with running Alpha kernels that
> don't have CONFIG_MATHEMU defined.  gnumeric is now a happy camper, and
> so am I.  I'll close out the BTS entry shortly.

Good to hear.  : )

The credit for realizing that CONFIG_MATHEMU is necessary for kernel fixups
goes to someone else posting on this list quite a while back.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2007/02/msg00041.html

With regard to why it wasn't biting you earlier, it could be that the gnumeric
library has always been checking something with regards to a NaNs be produced
in conjunction somehow with libc.  The old libc did (perhaps because whatever
the specific routine is, it it did entirely in software or something) and the
new one doesn't (possibly because it relies on the hardware more).

Not that it matters I guess.

Later!  -Tyson

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- MC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,