gnumeric issue since libc6.1 upgrade

Not sure where I should have filed this bug report, but I think I
picked the wrong location...  In the interest of getting a little
more exposure, the libc6.1 people may wish to have a look at #439733,
which was filed against gnumeric.  The actual problem is that gnumeric
aborts on startup with a "Failed to generate NaN" error (the message
comes from a function in "libgoffice").  The problem surfaced right
after I upgraded libc6.1 and associated packages to version 2.6-2,
and I figured since the math library is being implicated here...

Bob Tracy               |  "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist- "
rct@frus.com            |   - Last words of Union General John Sedgwick,