Re: Debian Etch ....

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 10:59:17PM -0700, Mike Campbell wrote:
> > Um, I have 2.5-0exp3 from experimental installed:

When I went to the experimental pool (via the packages.debian.org
website) looking for a working libc6.1, I found glibc-2.3.999.2-11
(glibc-2.4 for all intents and purposes).  No locales though, so I
get to build from source anyway :-(.  At least the libc6.1 and
libc6.1-dev packages installed cleanly and don't have the defunct
process issue.  Generating the appropriate locales package shouldn't
be too much trouble, just an irritant.

N.B.: installing the matching "locales-all" package didn't fix the
issue -- man, perl, etc. are still complaining about being unable to
set the locale.  There's probably an easy way to fix the immediate
problem, but building and installing the missing locales package will
allow for a more painless upgrade later when the working stable packages
show up.

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com