RE: prctl on alpha

Hi again,

I have another package self-compiled from source by downloading the source
package and building it: unrar - I use it since ever on alphy for unpacking
downloaded rar files, no corrupt extracts, no crashes. Why is this package
not available on alpha, too?

By the way I have a small problem:
I have installed libc6.1 and others from experimental (2.3.999), because of
the pthread problem (fixed by NPTL). But whenever I try to build a package
it works correctly and when installing the deb file it says that there are
unmet dependencies: libc-6.1 VERSION 2.4-0 (????)

How can I fix this somewhere in dpkg and friends? The problem is that
2.3.999 of glibc is in reality 2.4. But why does it make a dependency to
this version and not the real package version?
I do not want to change the experimental package (it can have bugs, sure),
but how can I fix this on my machine that apt-get and dpkg do not complain
all the time? What do I have to change in the package library or the build
system?

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen