Re: Installation of etch with d-i daily of 21/10/06 on AS4100 fails

Adrian Zaugg wrote:
> Dear List
>
> When I boot from the latest daily d-i netinst cd, the machine hangs in
> an eternal (?) loop.
>
> The last thing I see on the screen:
>
> [...normal booting...]
> Ramdisk compressed image found
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> ram0: rw=0 want=33890 limit=32768
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> ram0: rw=0 want=33890 limit=32768
> [...]
>
> The machine is a AlphaServer 4100, 4 CPU, 4GB RAM and works fine with sarge.
>
> Does anyone else see such a behavior?

Try passing a ramdisk_size boot parameter to the kernel. Something like
ramdisk_size=20480.

I've put in a fix for this in debian-cd, since it seems to have just
gone over the 16 mb size limit, I increased it to 20 mb. That change
will appear in the next daily build.

--
see shy jo